Default inventor cartridge

Hello

I come to you for a quick question.

I use inventor 2010 to make my plans.

I made a cartridge that I use every time but I can't assign it as the default cartridge.

In fact, every time I want to use it, I have to open a blueprint where it is already in use, copy it and finally put it back into my new blueprint.

It works well but I lose time every time ...

When I edit my cartridge, inventor asks me if I want to save the default cartridge. I click on yes but when I restart inventor, my cartridge disappears even then...

If anyone knows the solution, I'm all for it! Maybe you need to save the cartridge in a special folder or activate an option in the preferences I really don't know, I haven't found anything yet:(

Thank you in advance and have a good day!

Hello

You must save your cartridge directly as a template.

That is to say that you create a *.idw file with your title block and then you go to the "I" icon, you go to save as and then you choose "save my template as".

So you'll have your template for each drawing you're going to create.

PS: Don't forget to update and purge in the manage tab. Then you have to close Inventor and relaunch it!

Have a nice day!

1 Like

Hello

In my opinion, the best solution is to save your plan on which this title block appears as a template in "save as" and then "save copy as template".

Have a nice day

I didn't get any better lol, the solution is given.

Kind regards

Bastien

Hello

Another solution is to open the file with the template as a template, then the idw template file and then simply copy the drawing resources of the first one into the second one.

This way, with each opening, you will have access to your new cartridge.

For my part, as there are several of us who work with inventor, we have several cartridges saved in the drawing resources (cartridge for BE - cartridge for Method, etc).

Kind regards.

Hello, I don't really understand,

I saved the cartridge as a template but when I open a new plan, I still only have the ISO cartridge to display and I still have to reload my personal cartridge ...

I did an update and restart the software but nothing to do...

I didn't say anything, I found it, it puts in the new document window it's perfect, thank you very much for the tip!