Cartridge linked to custom properties of a part

Hi all

I come to you for a question that is often raised but for which I have not found the answer.

I want to make a new basemap, with automatic filling of the cartouche of each of the sheets of the drawing.

I already did the operation a few years ago but I can't remember what to do! (not very intuitive approach...)

So I have a parts model with custom properties. But in the drawing model, I can't point the annotations to my custom part properties.

I must have forgotten something. How to do it?

Thank you in advance for your help.

See this document:

lier_a_la_propriete_dune_piece.pdf

Hello

I think you simply need to insert in your drawing one of your parts that has your custom properties and then you have access to these properties via the "linked to property" command

3 Likes

You edit your sheet, then you use your note function, then you follow the order of the steps on the attached slide.

1.jpg
1 Like

Hello

Or if you know the properties to bind at your fingertips, in the annotation put: $PRPSHEET:{prop}

2 Likes

Hello 

You have to put this type of text in the background plan 

mass => $PRP:"Weight"$PRPSHEET:"Weight" Kg

matter=> $PRPSHEET:"Material"

surface =>$PRPSHEET:"Area"  m²

author=> $PRPSHEET:"Author"$PRP:"Author"

May the force be with you

1 Like

Hello

It seems to me, as Vspamens says, that you must first of all insert your piece into your drawing, otherwise how can your new plan have a link with an undefined part. On the other hand, you can make custom properties for  drawing whose extension is .drwprp, while for a part it's .prtprp.

No obligation to put the 3D in the MEP,

If you write:

$PRPSHEET:"propertyname"

2 Likes

See my tutorials on properties:

http://tutoriel.solidworks.free.fr/crbst_168.html

1 Like

@a.leblanc: No, SW doesn't need to have a file to bind a property. The fields will be empty in the template and in case of editing the basemap with no 3D model linked the fields will appear in plain text in the annotation ($PRPSHEET:{xxx}).

1 Like

Indeed, I just did a dsl test

Thank you for your answers.

I inserted a part in the drawing to have access to all of my custom properties.

I set up my background plan with this "test piece". Then I deleted the views to have a blank plan and be able to save it as a template.

It's okay, everything works as I want it to!