Drawing Cartridge

Hello

I have created a cartridge for an A3 landscape shot and I would like to be able to create all the other formats from the A3 one.

As far as the construction lines are concerned, they move as I wish but as for the text it stays in its place and it's not easy to put everything back in the same place.

Is there a way to move the strokes with the text together?

I work under solidworks 2014.

THANK YOU

Mathieu

sans_titre.jpg
6 Likes

Hello

Normally, the cartouche does not change place, but it is the format that changes size

so you don't have to move the cartridge!!

You need to create basemaps in ad oc format with an insertion point on the cartouche (usually the bottom right corner)

@+

Ok, the title block on a sheet should always be at the bottom right, but when I change the format of my sheet it's this point at the bottom right that moves so my title block is no longer in my sheet.

sans_titre.jpg
6 Likes

In SolidWorks 2012, I did the following as described below:

I had created a block just for the cartridge part (with the properties included)

Then a block for frames A3,A2,A1,A0

All that was left to do was assemble all the elements to design all the drawing models.

the Idea is "great" (yes I'm making fun of !!!) except that under SolidWorks 2012 there was a BUG that made that when you did Insert/Block, a (random) part of your texts moved!!!!

Maybe under SW2014 the problem no longer exists.... to be tested

flegendre, I've already tried by creating a block but even under 2014 it moves, 

6 Likes

You create the block and you break it, what does it look like?

I have notes that move, I know I can put them back in one place but I would like to have all the A0 to A4 formats identical.

6 Likes

Hello

It's weird, normally a note is formatted in relation to its cell so if the cell moves, the note should follow.

capture.jpg
1 Like

Jose

Now there are coordinates for each note so it doesn't move with the lines.

sans_titre.jpg
6 Likes

An idea:

You created your cartouche in a CARTRIDGE layer.

In 4 other different layers, you create your frame for the A0,A1,A2,A3.

Finally, to create all your models, you activate the CARTRIDGE + the good acdre.

Hello,

I guess you move your selection by dragging with the mouse.

NEED! :-)

If you use the move tool available in the sketch ribbon, it should work.

@+

1 Like

Drafttoshape

What you tell me won't work because my cartouche is a sketch connected to a frame that has the shape of the forma. So when I shrink from A3 to A4 format, well the strokes of the cartouche move but not the text.

6 Likes

Hello,

There was no question of resizing the cartridge in your question.

but anyway.

the cartridge should not change according to the formats ideally

Personally I did like flegendre

but in addition I explode the block after insertion.

@+

I didn't say that I modify the cartridge, but as I created a frame according to the format and when I modify the dimensions the cartouche moves but not the text, but hey I did as flegendre by bursting the block afterwards.

Thank you for your help

6 Likes