[CATIA] Help for design constraints

Hello

I have to make this sketch: 

I first drew a rectangle with the corresponding dimensions. Being a beginner on CATIA, I can't find how to "vault" the rectangle, and I don't know how to put a constraint on a radius, I just manage to place constraints of length dimensions. 

Can you help me? 

Thank you in advance.

See this tutorial among others

to start understanding how it works

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=p35lV4qEmi4

@+ ;-)

2 Likes

Thanks for the link, the author of the video is working here on the sketcher, my teacher asks me to make the figure in the part design tab. So I find myself stuck. Concretely I would like to know the command to use to give my rectangle this "tile" shape. 

Thank you for your help

No one can tell me about this order?

Good evening

There are few users of catia on the forum. We're more on Solidworks, but  maybe on Monday someone who uses Catia could help you...

Hello

We cannot transform a line segment into an arc of a circle, we draw these arcs.

There are always several ways to proceed and on your screenshot we don't see if the two circles are concentric (hypothesis).

Start by creating the two concentric circles R57.5 / R 30.5.

Best-practice never start by selecting the origin.

You draw a circle in the sketch and then the second one, then you select one of the two "smaller" centers that you constrain on the coincident origin (hypothesis). Then you select the two circles that you constrain concentric (hypothesis).

You draw two vertical lines that intersect the circles

Then with the "eraser" command you relimit what interests you.

All that remains is to create the shelves and finish constraining.

2 Likes

Hi Franck

I'm not convinced that circles are concentric

I think the subject has been dealt with

to force the student to gamble for a while 

@+ ;-)

Without this assumption we cannot ISO constrain, there will remain degrees of freedom outside the sketch in green symbolizes under CATIA that it is completely constrained. Hence the concentricity hypothesis, otherwise there is a lack of information on the position of the centers.

1 Like

Thank you for your answers, I was able to advance my work