Catia in solidworks

Hello everyone

I'm new to SOLIDWORKS

Would there be a way to open a Catia file (.stp or Catproduct) under SolidWorks and have the same properties

I work in the field of Cabling and I need to retrieve device names as well as to be able to measure cable lengths

Hello, STP yes since it's a swap file, Catproduct no.

1 Like

Unless I'm mistaken, with 3Dinterconnect you can open CatProduct (at least on the 2022 SP5)

Edit: maybe you need a premium license though

1 Like

Hello

I just tested with CatProduct, so I confirm that you can open them (even if there is an error message related to the lack of license). It only takes the standard license.

2 Likes

I encountered the problem last week, I confirm that you need a premium license and you have to activate 3D interconnect for it to work.

Thank you all
I have a premium license and with 3Dinterconnect we have a little more information

on the other hand, the side taking consisting of pointing a line and repeating each time is not practical
Is there another way?

Hello

In SolidWorks, the only way would be to do point-to-point measurement, but in any case you have to select the entities sequentially. If the measurement is still made from a " fixed " entity, you can always deselect the last entity and then select the next one.
Otherwise, once the measurement has been taken, right-click and then " Cancel selections "

1 Like