Catia: Editing the sketch doesn't change the part, or is the problem?

Hello

I'm still a beginner on Catia.

I have to create a small product (a Bialleti-type percolator).

To do this, I first created a new "sketch" part in which I designed a wireframe "sketch" of my object from which I will decline all my other parts. By doing so, I avoid update loops and  I can create parameters with which I can change my dimensions.

I have to change the dimension of one of my parts in passnat by this parameter I created, however if the sketch changes well, the 3d part does not change,  even when making an update. This is the first time I have encountered this problem. Have I forgotten to tick any one,

Thank you for your help.

Alex

It seems that the basic sketch is not related to the model.

You have to review the first sketch that is based on this basic sketch and check that there are the constraints between them.

1 Like

Thank you for your answer Alain,

That's what I thought but, but after checking, all the constraints are there.

The sketch can be modified by changing the parameters, but not the part in 3d.

It's as if I've lost all the links between my master sketch and my parts. 

Hello

The loss of links is common if you are not rigorous and do not have a (robust) methodology.

There are several ways to create links, which one did you use?

Direct between parts, in an assembly context, do you use the "Publications".

What are the options you have?

If it's not confidential and you have a version of CATIA inf or = a 2015 I can look at the PB.

Hello 

Do you have a specific part for your "skeleton" sketch and then other parts that rely on it in your assembly? 

If this is the case, if within an assembly you rely directly on your skeleton sketch from another part, then Catia will copy the original elements of your skeleton sketch as an unrelated result in your new part. So the links don't exist and if you modify your skeleton the other parts won't change.

You have to copy and paste your skeleton sketch with a link into your other parts and rely on these copies, which will change thanks to the link created.