Catia goes "option" with an internal variable

Hello, I wanted to know if it is possible to create a part or a product containing different CGRs that can be modified simply by choosing internal variables (1).

Logigiel Catia V5

Hello

To put parameters in a part or a product, there is indeed a function for this but I'm not sure that's really the question. A CGR is only a representation, so it cannot be modified directly. Can you specify the desired purpose? Choose what to display?

like I would like to use a product that represents a brick.

If I change a setting, I only have half a brick instead of a whole brick, another option, I will only have one brick with holes.

So either I have 3 CGRs in my product, or I have 2 hide functions (if I put 3 CGRs in the same product) or 2 different cuts (if I put a single part) that activate or deactivate independently.

I would like to be able to use a lot of  similar bricks (apart from the chosen option) for the whole assembly.

It would allow me to reduce the number of different elements by simply having to choose a parameter for each brick.

Thank you:)

optivric_pv3.catpart
1 Like

OK. However, I do not believe that I have a solution to this problem.

In your base part or product, it is easy to create balls that will act on the activation state of functions or components (possibly via a parameter table if you need to modify several for the same configuration).

Where I get stuck is to assemble several with different states. Indeed, each added element is only an instance of the same starting element. So if you change the configuration of one, you risk changing all the others at the same time.

On pro/e, it manages well with family tables but I don't know the equivalent on Catia.

1 Like

Hi @ Gorb

look at this link it explains the BA BA of Catia and among other things the creation of family of parts

http://l2pro.perso.sfr.fr/%5BLA34H%5D%20CATIA/LIVRET%20CATIA.pdf

@+ ;-)

1 Like

Hello

For your assembly you can create scenes and manage the dimensions through a parameter of each variable side. On the other hand, when you talk about cgr, is it the catdrawing used for the drawing?

Thank you

I will look into the room family history and confirm if I have been able to resolve the issue.

The CGR in CATIA: This is a frozen 3D model. I don't think I'll look into the drawing aspect for now.

1 Like

Hi @ Gorb

Are you doing well with the families of parts?

with the tutorial it should be very simple to solve your problem

your family of parts with your 3 config # or + to choose from

PS: give news

@+ ;-)

Hi all... for a CGR (temporary file of Catia for backup management) it is not possible to intervene directly on it and therefore to configure it, on the other hand the solution is to "copy the part" (we superimpose a new part on the CGR in the space included in a product) => by creating a part with the respective functions and parameters, You can create "a parameterization table" which allows you to create part ranges with the same file and the same plan => then to create different parts with the same range, either you create different files (several different files in the product) or you have to create publications in which case the configuration table is managed in the product and no longer in the share.

I think I'll let it go for now and try to solve the assembly in some other way.

Thank you anyway.

You have to create a string type parameter with multiple values (e.g. TEST with value A B C )

Then with the KWA license (if available) write a rule like this :

if Test == "A"

{

'SAMPRT0040.1\Component Activation Status' =true

'SAMPRT0039.1\Component Activation State' =false

'SAMPRT0038.1\Component Activation Status' =false

}

if Test == "B"

{

'SAMPRT0040.1\Component Activation Status' =false

'SAMPRT0039.1\Component Activation State' =true

'SAMPRT0038.1\Component Activation Status' =false