Center of mass of a part of an assembly

Hello

In an assembly, I want to have the center of mass of a part of a subassembly.

Impossible, it always shows me the center of mass of all the document.

How to do it?

Thank you.

A+

Did you create the center of mass in the subassembly?

If so, you delete the center of mass of the general assembly, and you should see only the center of mass of the subassembly.

Mick

Hello.

You select this subset part. Then you go to "Evaluate", "mass property" .. And there you have it, your individualized center of mass.

5 Likes

Hello

Thank you for your answers.

I will try to be clearer.

In an assembly, I need to select only a few parts and have the center of mass displayed, to then be able to retrieve the positions in relation to certain faces to calculate the bending moments, etc....

I tried to create "virtual" sub-assemblies but it creates the center of mass of the document and not the center of mass of the "weighed" parts.

Do you have any other leads?

Thank you.

A+

Why don't you make configurations of your sub-assemblies, in which you remove the other parts, and then you switch to the right configuration in the general asm and you measure between your faces and the center of mass?

1 Like

Hello

I found a solution that suits me...

I create virtual subsets, then I open  it and I create my center of mass in it, so my center of mass is set in relation to this document.

If, as in my case, on a 3-axis gantry, I need a center of mass in relation to different guidance. I create as many virtual subsets nested with each their center of mass.

Then I just have to go back to the general assembly take my measurements, with a good overview, and then break down my different sub-assemblies if I don't need them anymore.

So much so, hoping to have been clear.

A+

See above

I still don't understand why you don't switch to "mass ownership". You have your distance in X, Y and Z. Then you just have to calculate between your reference and your origin. But suddenly, there's no need to create more sub-assemblies and increase the weight of your assembly.

Finally, if you get what you want, that's the most important thing ;). Thanks for the feedback!