Automatic change of parts marker in assembly (solidworks)

Hi everyone

I have an assembly made up of a lot of independent part files.

Each of these pieces has its own origin.

I'd like to know a trick, export format or other so that each of the parts takes the same origin as the general assembly.

Currently, for each of the parts, we create 3 planes that coincide with the 3 planes of the assembly. This allows us to have an exchange with the supplier, who provides us with the 3d elements that we only have to replace.

I hope I have been clear.

Thank you very much, looking forward to reading you.

Good evening

I don't see how this would be possible because the spatial position of each room is specific.

You should be able to give a reference because it is probably that not all the pieces can be aligned with the front view of the ASM, for example.

If all the pieces are parallel, then it must be possible.

But when I see -for me- the souk that it is, to make the lineups in big ASM if someone finds a solution I am willing to contribute to the bottle of champagne that you will be keen to offer  him ;-)

The only solution I see on first reading would be not to transfer the problem to your supplier (especially if they are pieces on shelves they will offer you a trip to the Pantheon)  to make a multitude of plans in your ASM so your supplier uses his own reference and the first constraint is on the special plan created in your ASM the second constraint on another element (holes, edges, construction line, etc.).

If you are the one who designs the parts that will be manufactured by subcontractors - that's different - but I don't have the impression that we are in that situation?

In any case your question is very interesting ;-)

Kind regards

2 Likes

We design the projects ourselves, then the supplier sends us back finished products that we validate as we go along. So we find ourselves repositioning multitudes of elements every day.

Having the same reference system for all parts at the start of studies and before sending them to the supplier would allow us to save a considerable amount of time in addition to reducing the risk of positioning errors.

Someone?

and if by chance you work with the schematic representation

assembly skeleton since you define the insertion points yourself

It seems to me that this is possible

See this tutorial as an example

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Owgbt10Cx1g

Online help

http://help.solidworks.com/2018/french/SolidWorks/sldworks/c_Assembly_Layout_Sketch.htm

See also the different design methods

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=OO6pes0O3Wk

@+ ;-)

Hello

I don't see much as a solution. In your assembly, select a part, creates a subassembly, and then saves it as a part. 

On the other hand, when you open the said part, it will be in volume, you just have to do a function recognition and there is a new part with the origin of the assembly.

It's mostly tinkering ...

Kind regards

1 Like

Hello

Or by doing all the design in the assembly, so that when the parts are created, they will all have the same origin (that of the assembly) but their positions will not even be in space.

1 Like

If you isolate your part at the assembly level and you do a save as/part

Doesn't he take the origin of the assembly as the origin of the part?

1 Like