Change of constraints between 2 instances

Hello

I created a family table from an assembly.
I would like between 2 instance, of this family table, changed the constraints between 2 rooms.

This will allow me to have one assembly instance in the rest position and another in the operated position without having a side in the family table.

Thank you for your help.

Sorry for me, no solution.

Hello

Have you tried to create 2 distinct constraints between your 2 rooms and use the family table to delete/activate the one you are interested in depending on the config?

Hello

As Chamade says, you can insert the component 2 times and in the family table you make an instance with  one component and an instance with the other.

Otherwise, one thing I use regularly is to assemble the component with a dimension and relate that dimension to a parameter with a relationship.

Then, you just have to enter the settings to change the position of the assembly.

S.B

1 Like

Thanks, it's a good idea, but between my instance in the rest position and in the actuated position, the order of the components in my model tree changes.
So I don't think your idea can work
What do you think??

Thanks s.b, my colleague is looking at creating a parameter.

The constraint is that one must not use a rating.

We try to create a PMH or PMB parameter and write a relation that says:
If the parameter is LMP
the difference between the contact between the planes is equal to a reference dimension measured in TDC.

Except that its increments, and its addition the rating.

Do you have a way to avoid this increment??

Thank you so much for your help

All parts of an assembly must be in contact

if you don't  want the pieces to touch each other

you have to create intermediate pieces (which you will hide later) but above all not delete them

@+ ;-)

My 2 pieces are assembled with a dimension of 0 between the plane.
During the 1st regeneration, it takes into account the reference rating of the TDC.

But during the 2nd regeneration since the PMH cost has moved, they recalculate and increme again.

I don't know if I'm very clear.
I will have to tell him that he stops calculating the relationship

if your pieces touch each other

1. they must be constrained (coincidence) point/face;  point/decree; Stop/Face; head/head; arrested/arrested; dot/dot etc...... and not with odds
  2. or you constrain with dimensions via the point of origin of your assembly by fixing your first part laid

@+ ;-)

PS: take screenshots for a good understanding

I don't know if it's not helped much, but here's basically what we're looking for.
On the left is the TDC, with a rating of A equal to a value.

In PMB, the odds of A become equal to 0 and it is between the red coin and the green coin.

Knowing that the red piece is a fixed piece that does not move.

Thank you:)

pmh_et_pmb.png

I don't see why you don't want to put things aside, but you must have your reasons.

If I summarize, you measure a distance between a plane and a room and then you enter this distance in the positioning of the plane.

So, as the measurement varies, the positioning too, it's as if you do d1=d1+5, with each regeneration the odds increase by 5.

Do you have the right to put a Boolean variable in relations like this:

action = NO (or YES)

if action=no

d1=0

else

d1=100 (assuming that 100 is the position of the plane once the mechanism is in action)

endif

Cross-message:

Is the green piece attached to the black one?

Yes I don't have the right to put it aside, too much mistake if it's a new person who takes over the project.

Yes, I can use the relationship you tell me.
But we would like to note that D1 = "the A rating in PMH".

Except that its walk at the 1st regeneration, but at the 2nd sight that the A rating moves, it doesn't work anymore.

Am I clear??

No, only the red piece is fixed.
Green coin slides into black coin

via your diagram you fix the green piece on the black and

a constraint on the red part since it is the only one that is fixed on the point of origin of your assembly as the dimension is always A

@+

thank you GT22 but it's not really his.

I tried to redesign something simpler.

The red and fixed piece.

In PMH, the black part is in plane/plane stress on the lower surface of the red part. A rating is a reference rating. (the result of the assembly and which cannot be entered by hand).

In PMB, we must make sure that the plane/plane constraint cancels out and that it comes into contact with the plane^/plane at the top. (if necessary and especially if possible, we can use the reference number)

Tell me if it's clearer now.

Thank you

pmh_et_pmb_2.png

@gt22, that's why I'm asking if the green piece is fixed compared to the black one.

Because if this is the case, the position of the green in relation to the black is A+ep red.

Otherwise, for the transmission of files, I sometimes make assembly notes in which you write the important information.

1 Like

For me it's not very clear 

1. You say that the green piece is forced on the black one which means that it will not move anymore
  2. so green and black solidarity
  3. now if green and black =1 
  4. They can mutate without problems along the course between black and red and green and red with axial coincidence
  5. and whether the red part is fixed and constrained via the base origin of the assembly
  6. @+

In fact, you want A to update itself if you evolve the assembly, right?

If, for example, you make a sketch in your assembly that rests on the faces of the different parts, you can get dimensions (reference) x= black part/green part opening and y= red part thickness.

From there, A = x-y that you reinject into your relations with the Boolean method proposed by s.b

To be honest, it seems to me to be at least as risky to pass on as entering a rating by hand.

We commonly use double parts.

they will be displayed in either the first instance or the second.

- the first instance with a piece in position A

- the second instance with the other (identical) piece in position B

1 Like