Changing the language in solidworks

Hi all

One problem I encountered with Solidworks is:
If someone creates a part with Solidworks configured in one language (e.g. French) and sends  it to another user and the latter wants to edit this part with a Solidworks configured in another language (e.g. English)
but he finds that the names in the tree do not translate automatically, for example: the leave function does not translate into fillet ... etc, all the names remain in french!!!
Is there anyone who has found a solution??

Thank you

1 Like

In the Options, you can change the menus to English but that's it.

The terms put in a language remain in that language. (Functions, esqyuisses, planes,...=

3 Likes
it seems to me that Alain is right. You can't change the language in the Creation Tree.
1 Like
But since we can rename everything in the tree, you can put the translation behind the name of the French function

Hello

There is a "language change" tutorial

Cdt

Fred

1 Like

Hello

It's very easy to change languages, see this very good tutorial from @Bart:

http://www.lynkoa.com/tutos/solidworks/changer-la-langue-de-solidworks

2 Likes

Hello

Is there no solution for the creation tree...

I received a file and the tree is in Chinese :-(

No worries when it's in English but here I must say that it's much less easy to translate.

Thank you in advance for your help

Thank you for the ad of the tutorial^^

By the way, changing the language in the original creation tree is not possible.

Either you rename the functions one by one, or you work in the original recording language.

That's it =)

1 Like

Hello

I confirm what Bart says. In addition, this operation seems logical to me since anyone can rename the functions and sketches as they wish. So when changing the language, if there was an automatic processing, I can imagine the boxon (when you already see the translation airplane mode instead of plan mode, it's scary).

1 Like