Changing the extrusion sketch

Hello, On solidworks 2021, I made an extrusion of a sketch A I would like to change it, that is to say that the same extrusion is made from a sketch B. Is this possible or do I have to create a second extrusion?

Hello

Can you put some pictures for us so that it is more meaningful?

3 Likes

Hello

I added the images. My "Flange" extrusion is based on the "Flange 1" sketch and I would like to change it to be based on "Sketch 34". In the editing of the function I do not have the possibility to do this. The "selected outlines" area does not yield anything.

arbre.jpg
fonction_extrusion.jpg

If you no longer need the "flange 1" sketch it is possible to cancel this derivation, edit its plan and make it match that of "sketch 34", edit the "bride1" sketch, convert "sketch 34".

Personally I will create a new boss and then reassign the child  relationships;) 

1 Like

Thank you

I deduce that you can't directly reassign a new sketch to the extrusion. However, this method makes it possible not to destroy the original extrusion, which can be problematic in some cases (other functions that rely on it, etc.).

Thank you for your help

Hello

No, it is not possible. In this case, the solution is to extrude separately (by unchecking the merge) each sketch and create as many configurations as different extrusions. Then you activate the one you want.

1 Like