Change my dimensions by text file

Hello, I saw the solidworks file of a person who could change the dimensions of a part by a txt file that happened to be saved in a txtv filethat seemed external, how did he do that?

Currently I have in my design table a dimension that is width, height, depth. I can modify them but I always have to go to the configuration section edit the design table and I change my dimensions there. I would like to have an external txt or excel file that I would save in a folder where I could write my dimensions and that would modify it in my parts. How should I do it?

Thank you!

Hello

When you  right-click on the room family, just register the family and tell it wherever you want. Then afterwards you right-click again on the part family then go to edit function then source and search for the file and click link to file...

2 Likes

With the help of equations. You can export and link a text file to variables ;-)

1 Like

Hello

You may be interested in a tutorial from our friends @  a.leblanc .

http://www.lynkoa.com/tutos/import-export-formats-neutres/piloter-des-dimensions-avec-les-propri%C3%A9t%C3%A9s-personnalis%C3%A9es-de-pi%C3%A8

may the force be with you.

1 Like