Change document properties in bulk and add custom properties

Hello everyone.

We have just acquired MyCadTools and MyPdmTools.

With which tool can we change the units (go from gram to kilo) on files in bulk in the trunk?

With which tool can we add custom properties (WEIGHT) on files in bulk in the vault, and applying it to all configurations.

When I say, all configurations, it's that this should apply in all configuration-specific custom properties and not in the document (CUSTOMIZE)

Thanks in advance

Hello, in the my cadtools suite there is batchconverter which allows you to modify a variable in any configuration, but in a more powerful version which allows you to open, save and archive the file remains integration which with the right parameters will perfectly modify the properties

Thank you Gerald.

I have indeed managed to add the WEIGHT variable to all the configurations of my assemblies.

On the other hand, I can't find the method to change the units of my documents from gram to kilogram.

Do you have an idea?

Thank you

A little reminder, without "third-party tools" there is basically in SOLIDWORKS its own job scheduler, which allows you to do things in bulk: modify properties, create new ones, convert, export, print, update a file, rebuild, or make custom macros.

@Olivier42: be careful, the SW task scheduler is very limited (not to say that it is useless) in the Standard version, it is only with the premium version that it is complete (it's up to everyone to see the price difference between SW premium and SW Standard+MyCadTools)

1 Like

With the copy option tool it wouldn't work? You will find it in the mycad tools (in manu start) but not in the Mycad toolbar

Then you just have to make a room with the right unit and copy the options to the next rooms.

To test, it seems to me that these modifications were made in this way a few years ago.

After checking it works fine with copy option.

In selecting documents choose the reference document with the desired units

In document to edit the documents to be modified.

In the copy option tab see the attached settings

Edit:

Test on 2 -3 pieces to start.

Be careful, he gave me an error report but it still worked.

copie-option.png
1 Like

Hello

In the my CADtools suite, there is Integration which is a grouping tool every

MyCAD utilities. It is a little harder to handle but it offers many possibilities.

In the macro I created, you can see that I selected the second operation (highlighted in gray at the bottom left) and in the drop-down menu at the bottom right, you can see that the macro will act on the "swUnitsMassPropMass" option to set it to a value of 3.

This is not very meaningful, I searched a lot and fumbled before finding that this value corresponds to kilograms in the drop-down menu of mass units in the properties of the document.

If you ever try to create a macro under integration, I have two important tips for you:

1- Always check in the OPTION tab; configurations on which you will act, either on the document or on one or more configurations

2-Always run your macro on a sample of files (about ten) that are not risky before launching it on hundreds or thousands of the vault.

I hope this helps, it's quite difficult to explain such a powerful tool in a few lines.

integration_masse_en_kg.pdf
3 Likes

Indeed I had looked to do it with integration, but I had not found the option. This also works with the solution of oroux1.

In addition, as explained Integration can be used for many other useful tasks.

Fill the cartridge according to the quantities of an excel nomenclature, export to pdf, modify properties on the fly...

So you have 2 solutions!

Hello everyone, thank you for your answers that made me think.

I found a solution through INTEGRATION, changing UNITS and adding variable WEIGHT to all my configurations.

It seems to work. However, I am waiting for an answer from the hotline on the reconstruction of all the configurations that does not appear in the map of my SOLID files.

If you have an idea...

Thank you in any case.