Path

Hello

I would have liked to have your opinion on the following question:

Is it better to put a network drive that points to \\serveur_PDM or to put  the path hard in the tasks?

For the moment we are in the start-up phase so the 2 solutions seem equivalent to us.

I still have a preference for the network drive because it is very simple for me to maintain.

But in 5-6 years, when we change the server and it is no longer named the same way, how will the data switch work?

Is it a task/task  or is it global with a break to pass all the information from one server to another?

See attachment where you will see what I call a stain.

tache_pdm_1.jpg

Hello

From experience it is better to have the full name of the network, because if for some reason the network drive is not mounted correctly (or even not mounted at all), the file will be saved in the wrong place.

I'm experimenting with it at the moment because in remote access (VPN) the assembly of network disks which is normally done automatically when starting workstations is very chaotic.

In my opinion it is better to spend time once to change the name when you change the server, rather than regularly fixing network disk problems.

1 Like