Looks for slip factor between steel

Hello to all of you,

I am designing steel parts and I would like to know what dimensions they put so that the parts slide freely between them.

Thank you for your help, I have attached an image to make it clearer.

André

montage_lme_avec_adapteur.jpg

Hello

A little reading on mechanical adjustments; http://barreau.matthieu.free.fr/cours/ajustements/

Kind regards

4 Likes

Thank you for your answer, I have a long way to go when it comes to mechanical adjustments,  I'm retired and thank you for the article I'll be able to document myself on the subject.

But in the meantime, if I send drawings to a machine shop, if I want a standard set between the parts, I indicate which dimension , it is somewhat confusing your article for a neophyth like me.

Thank you for answering me.

A standard game is H7g6 called sliding fair, but you could also, in an economical version, do +0.1/+0.2 on the female coin and 0/-0.1 on the male coin.

It remains to be seen if it is suitable for your case. The clearance to be put between your parts depends on the desired precision in the end, the materials, the allowable cost, the type of movement (rotation, sliding, combination of the 2).

5 Likes

I forgot:

- the surface condition is also to be specified: the famous Ra;
- the term slip factor refers more to the friction force calculations.

Depending on the relationship you have with the machinist, you can also ask him for advice, depending on his possibilities, he will be able to guide you on certain values rather than others.

2 Likes