Configuration Choices in an MEP

Hello

I'm looking for a way to make a room configuration choice from a drop-down list or a search field in a drawing (the selection of the first view should be automatic). 

Thank you in advance.

Kind regards

Alex

http://help.solidworks.com/2012/French/SolidWorks/sldworks/Alternate_Position_View.htm

Can it help you?

@+

1 Like

In fact, it is a different part profile to be displayed in the MEP according to this famous desired selection list, and not different positions. I don't know if it's possible, but it would help me out a lot.

Hello

When you draw a part or assembly, you have, if you click on your view, a pane on the left with a drop-down menu that allows you to choose the configuration you want to plan.

2 Likes

Thanks Roblin, but more specifically I would like to select a configuration according to the value of an annotation.

It's not very clear dsl, in fact the ideal would be to link the properties of MEP and those of a part, that's why I'm not sure it's feasible.

With the room family system, wouldn't it work?

1 Like

So if I understood correctly ;-) , it's the opposite that you have to do.

In your 3D (part or assembly) you go to file property and in the configuration specific tab, you can create specific properties that you will retrieve in your annotation.

This is the annotation that will change depending on the configuration selected

1 Like

Yes that's it , except that I would like to do the opposite of what you posted. Via the family of parts I have not found how to do it. In fact I would like to make a small form that is filled in the MEP with which you can choose the configuration to select, all this without opening the 3D part.

Good night

Are there any other methods than selecting the configurations from the first view pane ?

Hello

You will find in the attachments a macro that seems to me to do what you ask.

Edit:

I didn't shield the code by checking that the active document is indeed an MEP and by checking that there is a view in the document.

If this does not completely meet your request, do not hesitate :)

macro1.swp
5 Likes

So there....

Not bad this little macro. I'm training in SW APIs and this macro has enriched my knowledge a little more.

I'll take it!

Thank you

3 Likes

At the top industrialcadservices

By any chance, would it be possible to run this macro from the custom properties pane of MEP?

In any case it's good work, a big thank you!

Hello

If you mean by that, adding a button on the properties form, I don't think that's possible. Even in vb.net, I don't remember seeing any APIs exposed to modify the interface.

There is however the possibility of making an addin adding this functionality to Sw.

But it takes longer to do

1 Like

Ok, thank you very much for the macro, it will help me out! 

I'm a neophyte in macros, I'm learning but it's not easy...

Thank you!