Kinematics of a double epicyclic train

Hello

To validate the theoretical formula, I have modelled my double epicyclic train under Solidworks, I am faced with a problem of constraints if I associate as in reality the transmission of the mechanical force between my two satellites by a coaxiality of my drilling no more movement possible ..., I will of course add 3 satellites per train stage but for the moment I am stuck on the meeting of the two trains ... I ask for help if the solution is simple to consider. in Pack and go my digital twin.
Thank you in advance.
Kind regards.

Spectrum 2024
Train double.7z (4.0 MB)

Hello @spectrum_2024 ,

Given the number of teeth of the wheels, no coaxiality can be imposed between the two satellites, unless the whole thing is immobilized...

To define a basic epicyclic gear, you need at least one input planetary, one output planetary, a satellite and a satellite carrier. The latter is generally chosen as the exit movement from the train.
This satellite carrier does not exist in your model...
TrainSimple

If the train is double (2 transmission stages), we can imagine that the output of the first train (PS1 satellite carrier) is linked to the input planetary of the second. And that the two crowns are probably fixed (built).
If these assumptions are correct, the system does have a single mobility and a transmission ratio of 1:53.33 (see video).

Kind regards

2 Likes

Hello m.blt,

Yes, that's what I got by defining a coaxiality constraint...
Thank you, I'm modifying and adding the satellite holder.
I'm going to follow the modeling of the video.
Kind regards.

Spectrum