Bending a 30x10 Plate

Hi all.

I want to bend a 30x10 flat in an elliptical shape while giving it a curve of R 5000mm.

Thank you in advance.

If I understood your request correctly, do a scan of your 10x30 section according to the elliptical profile.

Make a cut (a closed profile cannot be unfolded). Select an edge of the end (one that is 30mm in your case). Insertion/sheet metal/pleats.

3 Likes

And where exactly is your problem?

Tell us how you do it, what doesn't work and post an image or a drawing of what you want to do. With so few elements, it is difficult to give you a solution.

3 Likes

Use the Swept Bent-Sheet Sheet function.

Create your profile with its trajectory.

And go! =)

Good luck!

2 Likes

Here's an example that can help you

plat_ellipse.sldprt
6 Likes

This is what I want to do, the flat is swept on an ellipse and the whole thing is curved.

pb190004.jpg

It's beautiful!

Good...

Is the 5000mm curve a cylinder or a sphere?

And which version of SW are you using?

Something like that?

If that's it, tell me, I'll explain. It's done under SW2013.

screenshot246.jpg

@benoit I use SW 2014  yes that's it in view of the screenshot it's not easy.

Personally I created a tube of R 5000, I removed material from an ellipse, then I created a composite curve, then I scanned the profile on this curve, and to remove the body of the remaining tube.

Kind regards.

Okay, so I'll give you more details. Just a clarification, I pushed the vice to the point of projecting on a sphere and not a cylinder. So who can do more, can do less!

_Extrusion a surface from an ellipse sketch.

_Extrusion or Surface Revolution of the radius, to obtain either cylinder or sphere (depending on your needs)

_2 surface restrictions on the 2 surfaces to obtain a common edge that will serve as a support for the sweep

_Insertion a composite curve based on the edge obtained just above.

_Suppression surface bodies (you can also hide them but I prefer to remove what is no longer used!)

_Esquise on a reference plane to draw the rectangle, a vertex coincides with the curve and a side tangent to it

_Insertion a Swipe feature that uses sketching and curve. There is an option to check to have a correct rendering: In Options/Trajectory Alignment Type, select "Minimum Torsion"

That's it, not complicated ;-)

Part5.SLDPRT
1 Like

Thank you Benoit and to the others.

Not that complicated it's true but I don't have a good command of surface functions.

Kind regards.

And thank you again for your time.