Bending a part

And by drawing the 2 parts and using a transition fold it's not possible?

Nothing prevents you from drawing your profile without machining, bending it, and then making the notch in it.

The piece will be foldable and curved.

2 Likes

Hello

I think you have to go through the Sweep and Sheet Metal functions as Bart says.

Here is an example.

First of all, I created a scan with a thickness dimension compatible with sheet metal work (example 2mm). Then I converted to sheet metal in order to have my sheet metal function and the "Convert-Volume" function. I edited this function and checked the "Override settings" box in order to change the thickness dimension (example 5->25mmm). And finally I carried out the removal of material by sweeping to make the groove.

This allows us to obtain the unfolded.

I made the part in SW2014.

Kind regards

cintrage0.png
1 Like

Without going out of business, just add a curve to the sketch.

1 Like

Here is part SW2014

folding1.sldprt

.PL I haven't tried this solution. I'll see.

Bart, you're talking about making a sheet metal piece at the base? in the form of a rectangle following a profile and then making the notch?

Thank you all for your help

Here's what it looks like with my technique.

I took a 20mm thick plate that I bent, then I removed the material swept into it.

cintree.png
1 Like

I don't know Inventor so I can't compare

capture_piece_balaye.jpg

yes Bart, it's a bit like that by bending on the bottom side rather than on the front side... see JMSAVOYAT

... "If you give a man a fish, he will eat one day. If you teach him to fish, he will always eat"...

2 Likes

The jmsavoyat method works well, but as soon as I make the tapped holes on the part, it doesn't unfold anymore....

in configuration bending plane/ drilling plan

you have to unfold your piece with the "Unfold" function and not "Unfold" do your material removal and have it "fold"

2 Likes

Correct...

Thank you Bart

1 Like