File Filing in EPDM

Hello

In my database, all parts are associated with a drawing. The properties of the part such as the description are specific to 3D and not to the drawing. That is to say that in EPDM in the description column I see the description for the 3D but not for the drawing. For example, in EPDM if I search for a type of part and I want to classify them according to the description of the part, since the description is only associated with 3D, it will classify all the 3D in a row, which is not very practical to consult the plans.

I would like to know if it is possible,

either to classify first by part numbers (which allows the MEP to be kept immediately after the 3D) and then by description,

either to ensure that a 3D is always followed by its MEP,

or to directly follow a property of the 3D to the properties of the MEP (and not simply to retrieve the properties of the 3D for the cartridge).

Thanks in advance

Are you looking to do like the attached view?

explorateur_epdm_piece.jpg

If so, all your variables in the 3D file (prt or asm) must be automatically copied to the DRW file.

To do this, in each of your variables in the EPDM, you have to add the "$PRPSHEET" for the slddrw.

See the attached file is perhaps more telling.

variable_epdm.jpg

Yes that's right, but when I try to edit the "description" variable at home, the "$PRPSHEET is already present and I still have the drawings or the variable doesn't follow.... I tried to add it to a variable that doesn't have it and no change either. Do I need to re-archive the parts? Any idea?

Have you looked in the properties of your drawing if they are there?

Test to be done:

Extract the drawing

CTRL Q

Save the drawing

Archive

I extract then ctrl+q and nothing changes. I save and the property of the MEP updates. I archive and the property appears in the EPDM explorer for drawing... as I wanted. We recently switched to the new version of EPDM and I think we changed the settings to make it work. So I think it works for all the new pieces or the one I re-archive. And for all the others? I can't re-archive everything...