Cohabitation of Draftsight and AutoCad on the same PC

Hello

Can the 2 software be installed on the same pc?

At home Draftsight is already installed on my C: drive which is an SSD.

Thank you

Hello

Drafsight being the copy of AutoCAD, we have stopped some AutoCAD license in my company, and on some workstations, the two software coexist perfectly and can work at the same time on the same PC. The goal is to keep all the work done with AutoCAD and reuse it with DraftSight ... We are also moving towards the transition to SolidWorks.

So the answer to your question is: yes

The only problem I see will be opening a file by double-clicking in Windows Explorer.
You will define a default software for opening but sometimes software appropriates this definition, you may have to systematically use the right-click/open with it.

1 Like

Does this problem exist on all OS?

Hello 
I take the liberty of reacting to a news about Drafsight that few people talk about. 
Be careful, Drafsight becomes paid at the end of the year!

Found on their website: 
" DraftSight 2019 for Windows® is offered in paid versions only.
Once you download and install DraftSight 2019 (free 30-day trial or purchased version), you will no longer be able to redownload or access any previous free version of DraftSight (2018 or earlier).
All free versions of DraftSight (2018 or earlier) will cease to run after 12/31/2019."

To sum up: 
1/ More free versions
2/ Once the 2019 version is installed (paid or 30-day trial), the previous free versions (V. 2018 or before) will no longer work and it will be impossible to recharge them
3/ Earlier free versions will stop working at the end of the year.