Optimized combinations of SOLIDWORKS parameters

Hello

First, I have problems with the backup of my working settings under SW 2014, once the software reboots, it resets all the options to their initial values, I am forced to go through an SLDREG each time to reset my working configuration, is there a solution for this?

Another thing, there aren't SLDREG files that are optimally made for a mechanical design interface?

Thank you

Hello, we can try to repair the installation of SolidWorks, if the settings are not saved, do an uninstall and then reinstall. There are no specific settings to download, it depends a lot on the position.

I don't think it's an installation problem, as I'm using a CAD station purchased directly from a SW distributor (installations included).

Thank you for your answer:)

You may have to see directly with the dealer in this case.

Otherwise, to start from a "clean" base, you can reset all the SolidWorks settings using my tutorial:

http://www.lynkoa.com/tutos/3d/reinitialiser-les-parametres-solidworks

Next, change a few settings and then see if they are saved.

This ensures that the SolidWorks configuration prevents the backup.

Note: SolidWorks must be closed correctly (no crashes) when saving the settings!

Hello

Indeed, as @.PL says, the first thing to test is to reset the parameters.

1 Like

The reset didn't work either, I modified the thing on the registry and I redid the customization, and it reset again, maybe it's because the software is installed on the network and not on the pc,

I consulted the supplier, I'll tell you more (if he tells me of course^^)

Thank you

Repair of the installation or incompatible program!

I don't think so, because the same problem on 12 other stations,

On the other hand there is a weird thing in all this, the software manages to remember the layout of the functions on the taskbar, and also the shortcuts via the "S" key, but not the movements of the smile (Hold the right click and toggle), and the other preferences of...

And finally no useful answer from the audience for the moment  !

The S key is used by default!

Hello

My problem was solved by the provider's assistance, they had to uninstall the software, delete all data based on the registry and then reinstall,

Thank you for your help.

.PL, the "S" key is also configurable:)