CommandEat

Hello colleagues,

Since I switched from 2017 to 2020 I have an error message that I can't delete at startup!

I have personal bars and it asks me if I want to change them and I click no and the msg comes back every time I start and I don't want to click yes because otherwise I lose everything! 

See screen print .

Thank you in advance for your answers ;-)

solidworks.png
1 Like

Hello eminent colleague ;-)

I regularly say to save the SWsetting xxx.sldreg file before doing the migration.

Solidworks has finally understood that in previous versions it systematically overwrote the *.sldreg file, now it asks for your opinion, which is an improvement.

So save the file and once it has changed the default buttons you will reload the *.sldreg and you will find your environment for this you just have to  double click on the *.sldreg file because it activates the update program.

Kind regards

1 Like

Hello zozo_mp,

in fact I made the backup before the migration but I wonder if after updating the tabs and restoring my settings if the problem will reappear? Basically,  if anyone had this problem while doing the update??   

Hello ac cobra 427,

Yes I got the same kind of message when switching to the 2019 version, I installed my settings from the 2017 version after editing them in a text file and replacing all the "2017" values with "2019". Since then, no more message and no problem...

Kind regards

1 Like

Hello

Indeed, the problem does not appear if you switch from the 2019 to the 2020 because they have improved the non-loss of customizations, but as they have changed the indexing logic since the 2019 (maybe the 2018), when you migrate from a version lower than 2019 or 2018, you have this message that hints at the message with this indexing story.

The method of @d.roger (whom I salute) is the right one, it's the one I've used for years because I make backups during the year of the SLDREG because in case of a lockout you lose your customizations.

Kind regards

PS: for fun don't hesitate to close your topic       HOho hihi especially if you bend two legs

Hello colleagues,

The computer scientist edited the file and replaced the 2017 with 2020 and more msg error. But I don't know which file he has modified.

Thank you 

1 Like