How do I assign a material to a part family?

Hello

How do I assign a material to all instances in a part family?

1 Like

you have to fill in the header of the column $library:material@nom_pièce (or $bibliotheque:materiaux@nom_pièce in french) which allows you to search the existing material library for the name of a material you will therefore enter as a value for example: solidworks materials:Brass

1 Like

The material of a component is managed at the part level  , but by right-clicking on " Material <unspecified> " you can " Configure Material ". If you then create your part family, the column will be automatically inserted and populated.

materiau-famille_piece.zip
2 Likes

The family of parts has already been created. I would like to assign a subject to all the bodies.

"You have to fill in the column header $library:material@nom_pièce (or $bibliotheque:materiaux@nom_pièce in french)", where is this exactly?

This is directly found in the existing part family, you have to add a column to manage the materials according to the configuration.

"You have to fill in the column header $library:material@nom_pièce (or $bibliotheque:materiaux@nom_pièce in french)", where is this exactly?

See attached image

materiau-famille_piece0.jpg
2 Likes

After this....

capture.png

.... I have that!

capture.png

Which version of SolidWorks are you using? Will it be possible to have your component to see what is causing the problem?

Attached is the document

vis_chc_classe_8.8_zinguee.sldprt

I just tested on your file, it doesn't seem to work in 2012 version, but in 2013 no problem.

In 2012 you can still use the right click on the materials "configure function" to define different materials according to the configurations, but this is not displayed in the part family.

I'm testing tomorrow on a 2013 version.

I'll keep you posted

Thanks for everything.

Hi everyone,

Indeed, entering the material in a family of parts is one of the novelties of SW 2013!

Page 82 of the attached pdf

@+

whatsnew.pdf
1 Like