How to Permanently Display the Description

Good evening everyone

I had  a very chatty codification because I put part of the description in the file name.

of the kind: Mo S-A_2012 Beam _ two single articulated connector _ 2017 V1

This same part is now designated as this U-401-9_V2a. From a codification point of view it's short and the width of the feature manager has been significantly reduced: but if you can't see the part, it's hard to say what it is.

So I put a designation like this         Special connector - 3 connections when saving the part

But obviously I don't see it when I'm in an assembly.

1. How to make it appear somewhere in the feature manager.
  2. Should I use an annotation instead of the designation.

In short, never looking into the question you suggest to me.

Thank you in advance for your help.

Kind regards

PS: I never make the same machine twice so once the machine is finished I don't have any versioning. I give the plans to the customer and to him to do the maintenance (when he does it) and to him to redo parts if necessary.

Hi Zozo_mp

Look in my zip; I have a part with a test designation that is displayed in the ASM Feature Manager. See if it meets your needs and especially if I understood the need correctly...

teste.zip
2 Likes

Thank you very much ac cobra 427

First of all, it works at the room level . That's what I want now, I have to see at the ASM level.

I'll look at it and come back to you tomorrow  because of the late hour ;-)

Kind regards

Kind regards

Hi Zozo_mp

The procedure of ac cobra 427 works for both parts and assemblies if you fill in the "Description" in the file property. In addition, you can configure Windows Explorer to see descriptions (see image).

Kind regards.

propriete.png
1 Like

Hello @ ac cobra and @nanik

I thank you both warmly: because you have responded perfectly to my request.
I note the super practical complement of @nanik !
I of course changed the number of columns in the explorer immediately and put the description column, next to the file no.

Goal fully achieved ;-) ;-)

Kind regards