How to open SW2014 files with SW2012

Hello

I want to open SW2014 files with SW2012. How to do it? you have to go through an exchange format that allows you to keep the original properties.

Thank you for your help.

It's simple! ..... You can't! 

3 Likes

Attempts to switch to STEP or IGES since SW 2014 and then opened with SW2012. If you have both versions of course.

3 Likes

I think from the question that you don't have a SW2014 so the easiest way is to ask for the sending of a step to the original person of the assembly.

4 Likes

+1 @Gerald

Hello

Do you want to retrieve the design steps (tree, constraints)? Or is a solid "dead" enough for you?

Hello

Do you want to retrieve the design steps (tree, constraints)? Or is a solid "dead" enough for you?

Question to the community, could the use of this software be a solution? : 

http://www.datakit.com/fr/cross_manager.php

(even in trial version)

@cpidy are you still under maintenance?

in case you can install a 2014 version without uninstalling the 2012. and then convert to step.

Hello

For CATIA CGR, STL or VRML files only, it is possible to import the geometry (retrieve all or part of the functions), like this:

Import geometry:

You can import surfaces, volumes, sketches, curves, and graphical models (CATIA CGR, STL, or VRML files only) as reference geometry from ACIS, CATIA CGR, IGES, Parasolid, Pro/Engineer, STEP, STL, VDAFS, or VRML files to part documents.

To import geometry from another application:

1) In a part document, click Imported Geometry on the Functions toolbar or click Insert > Features > Imported Geometry.

The Open dialog box appears.

2) Browse to the desired file and click Open.

For ACIS, IGES, STEP, STL, VDAFS, or VRML files, you can click Options to set the import options. A dialog box appears with the options for Pro/Engineer files.

One or more features are imported and added to the part. The features are positioned relative to the origin of the part, according to the coordinates in the imported file.

Wireframe geometry and curves are ignored when importing surfaces as reference geometry.

When I see your answers I wonder:

"Why use third-party software when Solidworks can already back up in step?"

Hello

Thank you for your answers.

I can open the STEP  files of the parts with SW12 but it is impossible for me to add these components to create an assembly. Is there a solution to this problem?

Thank you in advance.

@cpidy: you must have a problem importing your steps.

Do you have function recognition in your SW2012?

Hello

Thank you for all those who answered me.

To create the assembly, he first had to convert the STEP files of the components to SLDPT of Sw12.

CPIDY

Hello

To create the assembly, he first had to convert the STEP files of the components to SLDPT of Sw12.

CPIDY

Hello

CPIDY

Hello

CPIDY

Hello

CPIDY

Hello

CPIDY