How do you automate an assembly drop?

Hi all

I am looking to automate the descent of a part in assembly. Today, manually, I do like this:

- In assembly A, lower a part B (originally attached) into a subassembly C;

- Fix C at the origin

- Name C as B (bonus, copy $PRP:"number" and $PRP:"description")

- Save B as an external file.

I have very little experience with macros and, first, I would like to ask you the question of feasibility.

To understand my approach: the general goal is to obtain an assembly containing a structure (the part) that is always particular, and to bring back standard fastening elements (library parts). I work on steel structures in large assemblies (civil engineering), and inherit structural parts through a body registration function from a "schematic" part.

What do you think?

Thank you

M

Hello

We have set up keyboard shortcuts for that. When we are in a part we press ctrl-a then there it integrates into an asm and when we do ctrl-w we can import a part into the ASM.

document_de_touches_de_raccourci_solidworks.. PDF
1 Like

If I understand correctly:

You have
Situation S1: A.asm which contains B.prt (B seems to be a piece created in A) and C.asm (Is C existing?)

Would you like to have
Situation S2: A.asm which contains C.asm which itself contains B.prt (B having been registered)

Knowing that to go from S1 to S2, you have to manage the constraints

Hello

I didn't really understand the purpose either...

Hi all

and thank you for your answers,

Cobra, thanks for the tip, but I'm looking to stay in Assembly A at all times.

Stefbeno, to provide you with more details:

Situation S1:

A.asm contains B.prt. B.prt is originally fixed. A and B are generated by a command to register bodies, from  a room A'.prt containing body B'. C.asm does not exist.

Situation S2:

In A.asm, C.asm replaces and contains B.prt. C.asm has the same name and properties as B.prt, and is also originally fixed to A.asm.

There is no need to manage constraints since parts and assemblies are always fixed at the origin.

Hello

With the function provided for this effer it is not suitable?

http://help.solidworks.com/2015/french/SolidWorks/sldworks/t_Inserting_a_New_Subassembly.htm

See this tutorial:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=a_CV8wgUPW4

Hello .PL,

Yes, it works and that's how I do it now. This is a task I do often and I am simply looking to reduce the number of clicks. I wanted to know if there was a way to go faster by automating the thing.

In any case, thank you for your answers