How do you have sketch lines projected straight onto the outside of a hollow half cylinder?

Hi all

I would like to make a swept outline on the sketch projected on the face but my projection as shown in the attached pictures has defects on the outside of the cylinder. How to do it? have I made a mistake somewhere??

Thank you in advance.

soucis_projection_desquisse_sur_laface_exterieure_du_demi_cylindre.jpg

For me, it's your rays circled in red here that must be tangent to your surface (pink) maybe. Try to extend your sketch a little

annotation_2020-03-04_131205.png
2 Likes

Try to see with a front sketch + rolled up function on the front which would maybe avoid having 2 sketches.

Otherwise, yes, your sketches are not long enough (or not short enough) depending on what you are trying to do.

EDIT: adding image

gauffrage.png
5 Likes

Hello

Otherwise, to complete the good remarks above, try to work by symmetry. Since your piece is seemingly symmetrical, you could only make one half and then achieve the symmetry of your body, at the end, to obtain the final piece.

Kind regards

3 Likes

Hello

I would like to remark @jmsavoyat and the example of @FUZ3D made with a single sketch

The winding function was created precisely to overcome the limitations  of the "projected curve".

With winding it is even possible to make a groove making several turns unlike "projected curve" to make for example an ice cooling.
Morality to project is not to roll up ;-)

Kind regards

2 Likes

Hello everyone, thank you very much for your answers, which helped me a lot.

In fact I proceeded to a flat of the target cylindrical surface, then I created a sketch on it in order to stay in the surface concerned, then I applied the winding function to this sketch and the result is perfect.

small images

Thank you aplus

img_20200309_162400.jpg
1 Like