How do I change the origin of a 3D sketch?

Hello

I had to take the profile of a customer part into a 3D sketch (convert the entities) and now I would like to change the origin of this 3D sketch to confuse it with my assembly (assembly). Unfortunately the origin of the key part remains the referent of my 3D sketch and I can't seem to change it.

Do you have an idea?

Thank you

The origin of your 3D sketch corresponds to the origin in the room.

To insert this profile via the sketch origin, you must open it and match the plane origin with the insertion weight of your profile.

View image

esquisse.png
2 Likes

Hello

Couldn't you just move the customer part to place it correctly in relation to your origin? That way, when the entities are converted, they would be placed directly in the right place!

Do you work at the level of a part or an assembly?

2 Likes

Hello, you can create a coordinate system (Insert > Reference Geometry) in order to constrain your sketch with respect to this coordinate system that you will have placed according to your needs. When inserting a coordinate system, you can change the orientation of the X, Y, and Z axes.

Of course, you must first remove all the constraints that block your sketch from your origin.

If you want to place your coordinate system relative to your assembly, edit your part in the context of your assembly to insert your reference geometry relative to another part or other.

Cdt

Joss

3 Likes

Thanks Joss.G, I did exactly what you suggested.

I assembled my parts according to the old marker and re-inserted this assembly into another one where I chose where I wanted my marker.

I then created a 3D sketch in this new assembly where my sketch reference perfectly matched.

Thank you all for your messages and for your kindness.

Have a nice day

Jennifer A.

1 Like