How do you count identical multibody parts in different assemblies?

Hi all

Being a Solidworks user for about ten years now (in the field of metalwork/locksmithing), I am now asked more and more constraints related to the flow rates and assembly in the workshop behind.

I wanted to know what you thought of the 2 possible methods (advantages / disadvantages) between MULTIBODY modeling & ASSEMBLY? (Personally, over time, I've refined my multibody method, which goes, I think, 10 times faster, and I manage a general assembly of the overall project).

In terms of flow and laser, I made body extracts, with a summary plan indicating the quantity and putting a reference name (Annotation), and counted my pieces by hand, and that's it.

Now, what bothers me is that I am asked if it is possible to put a marker on a part body, and that the software finds the whole of this common body that has been created in different multibody parts.... That is to say, that I can have, for example, the same laser part (so body) in several different parts (multibody), and there, I wouldn't know how to do automatic tracking (whether it's quantity, designation, ...)

Do you have any solutions to this?

Or you have to tell yourself that you are going into parts and assembly mode, for "standard" designs or larger projects where you know that you will have a lot of common parts.

And keep the multibody method, for tailor-made designs...

To your keyboards, so that you can enlighten me please!

Hello

There is complementary software to SolidWorks that allows you to do this. Maybe those of the Visiativ suite.

Maybe PDM, which is a database, must know how to do that! Those who will confirm or deny it.

Otherwise! You have the bestial method (which I don't recommend to you) you save all your bills of materials in Excel files. You concatenate all your excel files and then you sort them out on the part number, s/s together etc.

If you have Microsoft Xpress as it is a database easily fed by excel files you can play it more simply.

Kind regards

Some time ago I faced this problem. I found a little trick that is what it is:

You make the parts that are in many of the multibody in independent parts. Then in your multibodies, you go through part insertion and you insert your common part. Already you gain a part number in your properties of welded parts because this given I am with the insertion function it seems to me.

Then during your general MEP you place the nomenclature of multi corps and the common body references will come out directly.

There you have it, I hope I have been clear enough.

2 Likes

Small screenshot to be more explicit

capture_1.png

First of all, a big thank you for your feedback.

No miracle solution from what I see... (I already knew these methods)...

Well, I'll have to dig a little deeper then...