How do you create a volume from a surface?

Hello 

I do layers of coating in my work, when I do sewn surface and then offset surface it works. when I thicken by 0.002mm the function does not respond.. but that when I make each surface thicken it works but I get no continuity between them.. What do I do?

Thank you

1 Like

You need to check the number of surfaces after sewing in the feature manager

If you only have one surface you should be able to take it as a ref and thicken or shift it at your will

otherwise once all your surfaces are sewn you save with a new name and reopen your piece to work with a clean part

@+

4 Likes

This problem still exists in the second layer. Is it because my part is so complicated? Can I build each thickness and then fused them? 

The problem may be that you thicken to a value higher than the minimum radius

example you have a radius of 1 MM inside you won't be able to thicken the inside side by 2 MM 

soft it crawls via x radius that cannot overlap by the thickness requested 

No, it works well for each surface. psk my rays and my work on mm or that the micrometer coating

1 Like

Explain and show a picture of your room to try to understand and give you if possible a walkthrough

@+

All right

revetement_de_cette_piece.png
1 Like

The 1st coating

1ere_revetement_est_cree.png
1 Like

2nd coating does not respond

2eme_revetement_ne_fonctionne_pas.png
1 Like

On the jpeg where you can't lay your coating

The attached image says via the blue lines that you have a surface discontinuity

So you have to sew these surfaces to have only one and only one surface

Try it and tell me

@+

Hello 

I'm DSL I wasn't at my job. 

well according to your words it means to make a sewn surface? I made the surface sewn and I also made the offset of this surface but after early I couldn't thicken it

I actually tried to do the check and that's it.. So how can I solve it?

verification.png