How to Create Chambering Block

Hello, do you have an idea of making a 3D block with custom chambering? ( drilling with 2 different diam + 2 chamfers =

1 Like

Hello.

Do you mean a chamfer on the diameter of the chabing and one on the diameter of the pierce?

If that's right with the drilling assistant when you make a chambering there are options at the bottom of the creation tree, just check "upper side milling" and "head milling".

Thank you for your answer. I specify, I draw networks driven by a board and I want to put a stepped hole in a library in order to reduce the design time. Can I create a block of material with this hole that I could place in the center? 

If it is a "simple" chambering as described in my answer above, we can do a repetition of the function driven by an array.

If the chambering is a little more complex we can make a library function, for this you realize the functions necessary to obtain your chambering, then we select them all in the creation tree then, file, saved as, lib feat part (.sldlfp format).

Thank you Fthomas for your answers. Until the function is saved in .sldlfp format everything goes well, except that when I want to import it, Solidworks doesn't see the file. Is there a tutorial somewhere that explains this creation step by step?

In my opinion, if the library function is created, most of the work is done.

For a tutorial I would redirect you to the Solidworks online help, notably http://help.solidworks.com/2013/french/solidworks/sldworks/t_creating_a_library_feature.htm

But I think this step is already done at home.

FYI, if everything is created correctly and we open the .sldlfp file in solidworks, we should see small green "L" on the functions that are part of the library function.

Once you have your .sldlft to use it, just go to Tools, Option, File Location, Design Library, and give the path to the folder where you saved your library function, so this function will appear in the right pane in Solidworks.

To place it in one of your rooms, simply drag and drop your function on one side.

If it doesn't work, possibly you could pass me your .sldlfp file so that I can see what doesn't work?

3 Likes

Otherwise, I suggest you watch the FREE tutorial on pallet functions, available here on Lynkoa.

He should answer your questions

http://www.lynkoa.com/tutos/cr%C3%A9ation-de-fonctions-de-palettes

2 Likes

Hello

If the block is an add-on part, or fixed a posteriori on the whole, smartComponents can be a good solution because they allow you to import positioning constraints.

Have a nice day