How to create random Multi-Facet on sw

Hi all

I'm new to the forum. I have needed your forum several times in order to solve some problems related to the solidworks software. and I thank you for that.

Unfortunately, I can't find a solution for my problem of the day :).

I would like to achieve a multi-faceted surface finish on a wooden frame. I will make this frame afterwards on numerical order.

I can't find a solution to make the veneers in themselves which must be random.

The veneers will have to be of different sizes, as well as different slopes between them. The goal is to create a façade of the frame that will vaguely resemble mountain ranges.

If you have a solution, I'm all for it.

Thank you and have a good day

Hello 

You can give relief to textures in solidworks

Check out the link below:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mZ27HQ4Jg_Y

3 Likes

I'm laughing out loud!!!

The simplicity of using this method. In fact, that's exactly what I wanted to do, but I didn't know about 3d texture.

On the other hand, I don't have the 2019 license currently. I'll have to make a request to the company!

Thank you again for the solution and have a good day.

1 Like

Hello @kaniarot,

Please designate the answer that solved your problem/question in order to help other users who are facing the same problem. This will also have the effect of closing your question.

Kind regards

2 Likes

Hello

I will revisit the subject if I may.

I was able to observe on a colleague's computer, the 3d texture function on solidworks 2020.

We inserted a particular image and tried the .p2m pre-installed on the software. The result is very simple, but not suitable for my use.

I am a prototypist in a wood workshop and have access to a 5-axis digital milling machine.

The aim is to offer new surface finishes that can be achieved by numerical control.

The output file via the 3d surface function of sw can only be in .stl, which allows surfacing machining only.

So, I'm reminding you of a way to create 3d surfaces in a random way.

Maybe via another software?

I'm sending you a picture of a prototype that we made and that we would like to propagate randomly on different surfaces.

Thank you in advance for your help, and wish you a good day.

photoproto.jpg