How to Create a Linear Guide

Hello

I would like to draw a kit "schneeberger RNG4 200" 

The principle is as follows: there are two rails that slide over each other with a ball cage between these two rails.
Drawings are already available on the manufacturer's website but they are not dynamic.

The principle of the roller cage (it can be balls but in this case they are rollers) is that they must roll on the rail and not rub.

The diameter of the rollers in my case is 4.5mm
How do I go about connecting the three pieces (2 rails that sandwich the cage) so that the cage moves the right distance when one of the rails is moving relative to the other. I thought I would do this in an assembly and constraints. Maybe you have another suggestion?

Thank you

capture.png

Hello

I will put an advanced coincident constraint with a distance limit between the two rails.

1 Like

Hello Philippe,

That's what I thought I'd do but I need to do simulations on the location of the rails and the cage in relation to them in order to see how the cage behaves according to the movement of the rail. So I can't use these advanced limits unfortunately

Ideally I would like to use this limit on between the cage and the base rail, and use a "proportional displacement" constraint like "if 100mm translation, then 100/3.14mm displacement" but not sure if this is possible?

Hello

Slide constraints between the faces?

1 Like

Hello Gérald,

I'm discovering this constraint and I think it's possibly the "percentage" property that may interest me but I can't find much info, well the SW help is not very provided

Hello

The mechanical stress of the rack and pinion type must be able to work: see here.

Kind regards

3 Likes

Hello D.Roger,

Indeed, if I model the cage in detail (so the plastic or  steel cage + the rollers) and I constrain the whole, I should be able to get by. I'll try that

Thank you for your help

As you know the ratio, you can create an equation to connect the parameters of 2 constraints (e.g. the offsets of the moving rail and the cage with respect to the end of the fixed rail)

1 Like

Hello Stefbeno,

This seems to me to be judicious and perfectly adapted but currently outside my competences. I'll see to find help online. I reserve this option if the rack and pinion constraint does not satisfy me