How do I create a new library in solidworks?

Taking existing parts of the server,

I want to make a library with shortcuts of my parts that are on our server.

When I insert a piece from the library, I want it to remain the original from the server.

1 Like

Need to give us more info, if you want a hand!!!

1 Like

To access library parts in the tab on the right (representing 3 green-yellow-blue books), simply add a path in " Tools> Options> System Options Tab> File Location> Choose Design Library from the drop-down list.

Finally, by clicking on add, you can navigate to the network path (at the bottom) or directly paste the UNC link in the field (example : \\Nas01\d\services\Office Studies\Library ).

1 Like

Once the library file is created, it is best to create folders to easily find your library parts

To do this, you have to click on New folder (yellow folder with star) and the folder will be created under the library file, all you have to do is rename it (screws, fittings etc.)

2 Likes

Hello

There is a tool in myCADtools (Tool Suite for SolidWorks) that meets your request: CloneComponent

CloneComponents gives the user the ability to simply drag and drop a library component into their assembly by automatically duplicating and renaming it from the Task Pane.

It also allows you to resize and populate component properties before inserting it into the assembly.

You can return the tool's documentation to the following address: http://www.mycadservices.com/store/fr/apps/mycadtools/manuels-d-utilisation/manuel-utilisation-utilitaire-clonecomponent.html

Regards

Philippe Rossignol

6 Likes