How to create a texture from an image

Hello

Would it be possible to know how to create a texture from an image? I have this type of image that I'd like to texture.

The problem is that I have to be able to put it in the direction of my piece (in the projection part I can define the right angle on the other hand when I do that the repetition doesn't work properly anymore. 

Do you have any advice knowing that I will surely have other textures of this type in the future?

Thanks in advance

Hello;

Solidworks Help for Creating 3D Textures (Minimum Solidworks 2020):
https://help.solidworks.com/2020/french/SolidWorks/sldworks/t_creating_3d_textures_help.htm

Kind regards

3 Likes

Hello

I'm on solidworks 2021 SP4 but I can't find the 3D Texture button

Hello, what does it look like around here (unless you're talking about 2d texture!? )

1 Like

Hello

To make a 2d texture, you need an image taken from the front without tilting:

Then you have to edit the appearance of the part and select the image in .jpeg or other format and then save it in the p2m format:

plastic-modular-belt-500x500.p2m
4 Likes

Lynk at my place this menu is greyed out. I don't know what a 3D texture is. I guess it's a 2D texture that I'm looking for to do like Metal-S' explanation.

Thank you Metal-S. I'm going to try to take a flat photo without distortion to try to make my texture with your explanations.