How to move or rename a part in inventor

Hello

With habit I have learned to be very rigorous about my project management, to make files, to name my parts well.

But sometimes the project starts to gain momentum and it would be wise to rename several rooms. Pieces that already have their plan made for example.

If I rename the part file in Windows Explorer, Inventor loses the link.

Is there a method to ensure that the link is not broken? that the update is done within the software for example!?

Thanks in advance

With take-away compositions, wouldn't it work?

I think the right tool is "Design Assistant" provided with Inventor (to be found in the Windows start menu in the Autodesk/inventor folder).

"Design assistant" I didn't know!

I just opened it, it looks very interesting!!

I'm going to get into it and see what we can do with it. What exactly can we do with this software?

Thank you very much for your answers

EDIT:

Just tried.. it looks a bit simpleton :-)

When I right-click on the "Part Number" field, I can actually rename this field. but I can't do the same thing on the "Name" field.. !?

Hello

Method already tested by me if you don't have too many parts to change name:

You change the name of the part on Windows

You open your drawing, he'll ask you where the room is. You take the one with the new name. Then you save your drawing. There you go, inventor will make the link now.

(Tip in addition, I imagine that the part will be in an assembly too, so keep the assembly open not far either to save the link :)     )

Good luck.

live (without design assistant) you can link a bet in B" on a "A" part

It's in the Manage/ribbon tab insert/insert an object.

There you check create from an object and you check link.

As for the wizard, it's almost a database on its own...

I access it occasionally to find ALL the sets that are made up of a known part: very practical when you have several versions of prototypes in many folders and subfolders.

To rename me I use enregister as and replace...

I hope I have enlightened you a little...

@cisco86

To find all the sets with a well-known piece? Don't you confuse it with Vault by any chance?

No no.

Vault is an archive vault.

You open the room with design assistant and you check the sets with search for subfolders and you find the list of use cases of the part...

OK I think I'll try this way.  

Thank you very much.

Best regards

Thank you all for your answers

I use as suggested "Design Assistant".. it's a bit laborious, I don't understand why it's not integrated into "Inventor" but it is of good service!

Thank you all.