How to unfold a volume body

To make this part  in laser cutting I would like to lay it flat

Thank you in advance for your help

tube_heater.sldprt

Hello, your play was in 2020 version and there is little chance that you will have an answer.

A screenshot can already help.

Kind regards

1 Like

Hello

Normally with the 2019 SP5 version you can at least display the volume but without anything in the creation tree.

The PB is that your file seems totally empty.

Can you send it back with the pack and go

Kind regards

and here is a screen print

Thank you for the remark

tube_heater.png

and I'll send you the stp

thank you again

tube_heater.stp

Hello

Your workpiece is only Ø 6.4 mm outside and Ø - in inter and 30 mm in length

So taking into account on the one hand that you have a lattice structure on half of the and a net type material removal on 13.6 mm, you will have a lot of trouble having a shape that conforms to your drawing after a flattening, laser cutting and then cylindrical reshaping (by the way, what about the assembly method of the reformed tube into a cylinder. It is especially at the level of the shaping of the lattice area that it becomes mission impossible unless you have something helicopatatoidal.

AMHA if the part justifies it, you have to do the laser cutting on the tube and not on a flat shell. @ac-cobra has skills it seems to me on laser cutting on tubes ;-)

Kind regards

PS: be careful you have a defect on the depth of your net which generates an anomaly towards the end of the net which makes any flattening impossible it seems to me.

1 Like

the programming is done flat a posprocsseur generates the program 

but we machine a tube

Hello, cal'air a very nice room:)

To generate your program, don't you have a software that starts directly from 3D?

It's like for us with our wooden panels, if we use the 3-axis a 2D is enough, but if we have curve/slope machining then we need a 3D to switch to the 5-axis.

We use Alphacam but not sure that it handles this type of machining.

EDIT:I inquired with my supplier and he manages the laser/turning remains to be seen the compatibility with your machine.

Also to see if SolidCam can do it.

We too AlphaCam

The flat machining is created and then projected onto the solid

Our postpro is made like this

If you have Alphcam in this case you should open your Solidworks part directly (depending on your license) and retrieve the outlines directly from the 3D.

Alphcam has a laser module and a turning module so we should have offered you this solution (except for a budget reason on the part of your company)

I recommend that you contact your supplier who is Systell for France.

2 Likes

Answer from Visiativ Rebuild my solid flat in sheet metal module

Thank you all for your participation

Moral: first consult the hotline

@zozo don't quite agree since visuative doesn't manage the CAM part via alphcam, and therefore offers a SW solution, while alphcam is quite suitable to output a gcode to the cnc starting from the 3D step or directly SWpart.

Why keep it simple  when you can do it... :)

2 Likes

Good evening @ ste

See attached image

made by surface flattening

The problem is to create a continuity of the elements since for an unfold or flat it is done on a single surface 

So to do this, I added an additional material that allows me to maintain the x pieces that it would make up if we cut the part

and merges all these pieces

@+ ;-)

NOTE:  for the mods the button is still gray too  light it's painful (for image insertion)

2 Likes

too strong gt22

If I have a little time I'll look into this solution

Thank you