How to draw this piece? set of teeth

Hello

I'm trying to draw this piece but I don't know how to go about itDENTS.JPG

The angle between each face is 2 degrees, there is a pair of teeth, each tooth and hollow must be the same size

Thank you for your help

Hello. Can we see them disassembled? See the interior. Full, hollow?

without thinking too much about the separation surface built by circular network. But other methods with maybe a little less functions are possible

tool.sldasm
tool.sldprt
2 Likes

Sorry we can see more details here:

https://youtu.be/X2h-YgvSNx8

in fact there are 17 teeth, I was convinced that it was an even number...

Hello @vib ,

Assumptions:
- Tooth flanks are flat surfaces
- the width of the teeth must be a little wider than that of the hollows if contact at the bottom of the teeth is to be avoided
- The "tooth height" is actually the height of the contact area between two teeth.

Sketch2 is the section of a hollow drawn in a plane tangent to the outer cylinder, and limited to the contact area.
Sketch3 defines the point on the cylinder axis that is halfway up the contact area.
In Plan2, Sketch4 is constructed, which allows the flank of the tooth to be created in the form of a boundary surface.
The second flank is obtained by symmetry.
The tooth hollow is generated by removing material by smoothing using the two previous surfaces.
The entire dentition is obtained by circular repetition.

The main parameters are defined by overall variables of the part: number of teeth, outer diameter, contact height, sidewall inclination.
The 2018 model is attached.

Kind regards.

encoches.zip
4 Likes