How to Draw a Twisted Flat Bar

Hello everyone, at the request of a customer, the guys from the workshop made a flat twisted bar. The problem is that I have to draw it to integrate it into the editing but I don't see how to represent it. I try sheet metal or solid but I can't get the desired result. Does anyone have a solution.

the vertical parts in front view must be like the rep 1Bis on the other hand the upper link must be about like the rep 1B

rep1b_et_rep_1bis.sldasm

Hello

Look into your sheet metal function or into screw plies; There is an option to treat the corners and there you have to see with the different options if you can find what you are looking for. If I have understood the question...

Hello

Sorry, I can't see your assembly (I'm in SW2016 version).

Can the Twist function do the trick?

Hello @ Itec49 and @tous

Your file is unusable because you have not attached the parts.

From your assembly

1. You have to do FILE
  2. Composition to take away or pack and GO since 2017
  3. Select ZIP file
  4.  oulla that's all

See you later :-)

3 Likes

Take a picture of the room

and posted the 

or a screenshot

@+

1 Like

Zip file and gray bar photo

rep1b_et_rep_1bis.zip
1 Like

Hey colleagues,

I am going to play the devil's advocate; but  can view the ASM file using Edrawing. 

4 Likes

You're right @ac cobra I don't think about it enough: and I don't think about it because even if you don't have the right version of SW (which is the case of many colleagues on the forum) you can read with an Edrawing which is free and therefore easily updated with the up date version.

However, to make a proposal for a solution, if you can work on the file, it has its little advantages too.

Fortunately you're watching ;-)

1 Like

I have it on my smartphone, very practical when you receive emails with attachments and you're not in the office...

Hello

What you did is very good. I opened the "39D0062-rep1Bis" you delete the shelves  and you convert it into sheet metal and  that's it.

May the force be with you

3 Likes

No, it doesn't work, the result is not convincing. I also try with the sheet metal sketch fold but not the top

Good evening

Do you know how to do "swept boss bases"

A rectangular profile at the start, the same at the end and two spline-like guide lines and there you can give the closest shape.

Then you transform your piece into sheet metal to have it unfolded.

Kind regards

1 Like

For me from the photo; It doesn't look like a sheet metal part but rather tubular forming.

Hello AC cobra

For me it's copper (or a similar product) with a flat and shaped surface treatment (like stretched flat iron).

This is typical of strips for high currents and/or with very high amperage.

It is the fact that in the workshop they start with a flat iron that gives this unorthodox shape because the material must remain somewhere so the surplus goes into the radius.

So we have to be able to do it with sketched folds. But it's like forgings, they are difficult to draw because the starting material is distributed differently.

I'll see if our friend GT22 doesn't do my hair on the pole with a surface solution ;-)  hihihi

2 Likes

@ Zozo

I promise I don't do anything ;-)

@+ ;-)

base brushed bosses I tried but with only one guide line I will try with 2

Hello

Have you looked at the bending function in this type of case it is very useful in the case of unorthodox formatting as said @Zozo_mp, and by activating / deactivating it according to the config it allows to have the part flat and shaped

Hello ITEC49

If you put two lines, it must be the same length. To do this, you transform each guide line into a trajectory, which allows you to know their exact length. Because with splines you can never know how long they are exactly when they are not on parallel planes.

This is the difference in length that you will find in the bend radii between the inner and outer radius at each turn. Because you have a double fold conjugated one at right angle and simultaneously another angle on another plane.

I'm looking at how to make your piece.

Plush

Ok thank you

1 Like

Good evening

First of all, I suggest that you only worry about one important thing.

So the trick is to say since we start from a flat and straight drawn metal bar: then you just need to know the press for the cut to the right length.

To do this, all you have to do is make a basic drawing with the right length and that's all you need to do the cutting and give the sketch to the person who will do the shaping in the workshop.

How do I know the speed?

It's simple, with two 3D splines that you dimension (with smart dimensioning), you just have to make the second one at the same length as the first one and maintain the same width between the right and left splines during the shaping of the curve.
I got the shape with smoothing and 3D spline guides

The 3D spline is 70 mm long but from the workshop model, since we do reverse engineering, we can have more precise dimensions to bring the drawing into compliance.

I didn't do the U fallout since it's the same principle as for the part I made.

You will tell me that for the MEP how to have two parts in the same MEP!

Well done!

But here! I will let my distinguished colleagues tell you how to do it,  if you do not know for yourself.

If it suits you, I can pass you the model if you are in SW 2019, otherwise I will make you a mini tutorial sexier than my brief explanation.

Kind regards

EDIT: ooopsss! error in PDF

barre_alimentation_electrique_vrille_de_forme__v1a.pdf