How to Remove the Drop-Down Menu from Solidworks Units

Hi all

Is it possible to remove the drop-down menu of units when inserting a value?

I don't understand why Solidworks has set this up, it's very annoying because as soon as you type in your values, often the cursor goes over the drop-down menu and you find with thumbs meters... What is the point? We never (or very very very rarely) work on the same plane with different units.

Hello 

If we can remove it it would be in the options (but that would surprise me).

To prevent your mouse from going to the drop-down menu, use your keyboard. You type your rib and "Enter" so there's no risk of changing units.

Kind regards 

Thank you for your feedback

That's already what I'm doing. but the mouse sometimes passes at the same time on this menu which is activated and often without paying attention... I'll look into the options but I had already looked at it without success.

Otherwise try to take a look in the > Customize Tool

Which version of SolidWorks are you in?

Hello

At home it's the same but after double clicking on the side I don't touch the mouse anymore because the coast is highlighted (blue) and I immediately use the numeric keypad to type the new dimension and enter. That way the menu doesn't unfold...

I work with SW 2016

I too am under 2016

After checking, there is no way to remove this windowing.

Otherwise, I proceed like @ac-cobra, I directly modify my rating if necessary in 1 click and then keyboard.

I'm only going to double-click on the dimension if I want to do something particular on it (like equations for example)

There you go

1 Like

That's right, Alain; the rating is published in the little white window....

I also lookedbut no way to remove it, it's a shame I don't understand what it's for...

I'll continue like this :-)

Thank you anyway

1 Like