How to save a neutral version

Hello to all of you,

It's me again, I have another question that may seem bannalable for many. I'm drawing a piece with text entities in it, and then I'd like to build on this version to create others, the text that I change in the new room shouldn't affect the original part.

I try to save the original part on another name by checking the Save copy as box and it doesn't work.

Thank you for answering me

Hello

In fact when you save a copy as, I think it opens the copy to you, so it's invisible to you, but if you keep working, you're working on the copy!

Just close this last file and reopen the original so that there is no more problem!

Be careful, if an assembly is opened using this part, this can be the problem because the part is replaced.

So the easiest way is to close the assemblies before making a copy.

Hello

If the piece is identical except for the text, then make configurations by linking the text. So you will have the same piece but with a different text each time depending on the configuration chosen...

2 Likes

Hello

If you want to save under a copy you have 3 solutions (see screen).

You save under another name, but in this case your file takes this name directly at the top of the screen keeping a copy of the old file with the old name.

Save as a copy and continue, in this case your file is saved under a new name, but remains closed, keeping your first file open in front of you.

Or save as a copy and open, in which case the file opens in this case if you switch with the ctrl+tab, you have your 2 files open.

capture.jpg
1 Like