How to exclude a part in a cut set

Hello

I am under inventor 2016

I made a cut view (representation) 1/2. Results: all the pieces are cut by half.

I'm looking to exclude one piece from this cut.

How to do please?

Thank you for your answers.

It's been a while since I've touched Inventor, but it doesn't seem like it's possible

Maybe by making a sketch on the plane that detours the part, and then selecting the sketch to make the cut? But really without convictions on my part

Good?

That's crazy! We wouldn't have the possibility to display full or 3/4 pieces in a set.. It's really annoying.

Overall, if you right-click on a part, you can have the "Performance" command, does anyone know how to use this function?

Because here I can choose the 3/4 view of my room, but it doesn't change anything.

Ba annoying average ... What do you want to do exactly? What is the precise purpose of this cut/representation?

After as I said, my memories of Inventor go back a little while (3 or 4 years). So it's to be taken with a pinch of salt;)

It's to make 3d representations of my project.

Represented on paper. So we have to see the whole thing cut with parts inside that are not cut or only 3/4 cut.

Hello

To avoid cutting it:

Open part file go to Tools--->document settings--->modeling Tab---->and uncheck "participate in assembly and drawing section".

Another possibility:

Within your Inventor drawing, on the model browser on the left hand side of your screen, find the view which you want to edit, expand by clicking the little '+', then location the part you wish not to be sectioned, right click -> Section Partifipation -> None

See this example: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wV7XqzjaRIw

To exclude it from the cut (so that it is not visible):

Right click on the unwanted part and check off the visibilty option.

Spring:

https://forums.autodesk.com/t5/inventor-general-discussion/how-to-exclude-part-from-assembly-section-drawing/td-p/3754190

If google translate doesn't give good results, I can try to translate.

1 Like

Hello

Ok thank you.. A problem solved, I can now make a part not cut.

Now if I want a part in my assembly to be cut 3/4? Any idea?