How do I export point coordinates from Solidworks?

Hello

It's all in the title... I've been drawing tools for several times now for which the client wants to know the coordinates of certain points.

I know the usefulness of it since I myself did metrology a few years ago ;-)

Thank you in advance for your answers,

Yoann

Hello

For my part, I use the GetCoordinate utility which is for sale on Lynkoa!

http://www.lynkoa.com/store/fr/tools-et-macros/utilitaire-getcoordinates-860.html

This gives me the possibility to export in Excel or text file while annotating the points in question in my 3D file and/or a table in my drawing!

@+

1 Like

Hello

For my part, I prefer to use an internal solidworks function to avoid buying a plugin. Better than a big speech, there is a video explaining this on youtube:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1tyXfCxaf8U

Good night

6 Likes

Good evening

Thank you Matthieu, I didn't know this method and especially I would never have thought of it...

Indeed it has the advantage of using the internal functions of SolidWorks, but it forces you to locate the points in question by hand when it comes to doing metrology as yoann wishes.

But I keep this method on the elbow because for my curve stitch export needs it's good!

@+

For your information, it's true that I often go back to utilities, because I have a subscription to MyCadServices and therefore access to all these utilities!

@+

1 Like

Thank you

I admit that it's not bad and I didn't imagine it possible to edit an IGS like this.

The only thing that bothers me in the method is that the points are not identified, I will have a hundred points to provide and it is not a question of reversing them...

Hi all

Indeed, the method of exporting the video to IGES is very interesting...

Have a nice day.

Yoann,

I'm going to be insistent but if you have 100 points to spot, you'd better use the plugin I mentioned because it will quickly pay for itself compared to the time you'll save.

@+

The video method worked, I got my 95 coordinates and in order...

On the other hand, I realized that the customer was asking me for the angle of tangiance too...

So I did it by sliding from point to point a horizontal line and a tangent to my trajectory with the angle piloted between the two.

Would you have done it differently?

In any case, thank you, you saved me a lot of time:

I discovered the "adjust spline" function, create equidistant points on a spline, and above all that you could edit an IGS in text, this one I would never have found on my own :-)

1 Like