How do you make straight polylines?

Hi everyone

Let me explain my problem, I am currently on a commercial plate, which contains 3 machining heads (machine tool), I modeled them on SolidWorks put them in an assembly, position and then opened on SolidWorks composer to give a nice rendering and inserted some technical information (Section of heads, machining angle, etc.) for potential future customers.

I need to insert apparent axis strokes to then put others that will indicate an angle with respect to this same centerline. The problem is that I have no precision in my lines, no way to constrain the famous polyline, I would like to put my line perpendicular to the ground and give an angle to my line indicating machining, at the moment I draw my lines freehand, which is really not great for making a commercial brochure... I would like to know if there is a function like in SolidWorks (make a line equal, perpendicular, horizontal,...) or if there is a trick that allows this?

Thank you in advance!

Hello

If I understand your problem correctly, I think you need to create a grid to be able to draw the line in question. The grids roughly correspond to the DASN solidworks plan.

@+

2 Likes

Why not draw your axes and arrows in solidworks directly and insert them into the machining head assembly as you wish  !! By putting a little color on them it can be quite good, and the sides are easy to put on!

@David be 3 the SolidWorks axes or annotations are not retrieved in Composer so....

1 Like

No, but draw the axes in pieces .sldprt !!!   An extrusion of a round Ø5  .... Easy to do and position on SOLIDWORKS !

1 Like

@David be 3 seen from this angle ok why not.

Thank you for taking the time to answer me,

Coyote, I had thought about it, the problem is that the lines of the grid do not necessarily fall in the axis of my machining heads and therefore my polyline will not be located in the center. I'm attaching an image to be more explicit. On the attached image the polylines are drawn by hand, I then inserted a grid.

David be3, not stupid to draw them directly in pieces, I try and I tell you.

tete_usinage.png

Ha so I didn't understand, just press the ALT key when you want to position yourself in the axis of a cylindrical element whether it's for a polyline or an axis or something else.

@+

1 Like