How to keep the two entities in symmetry

Hello

I would like to symmetrical the right shape but the problem is that when I click on validate the other side disappears ...

I tried by checking the "Geometric Repeat" box and I get an error message that appears: "The selected functions could not be repeated using the geometry repeat. Clear the Geometry Repeat check box".

How do you make a symmetry while keeping the two entities?

Thank you for your help and have a good day,

Yohann

Hello

Can you put your part in for us to test???

Good evening

This is probably a bug, have you tried not to merge them with the symmetry?

Otherwise, you can always use a circular repeat.

Here is the attachment.

" Have you tried not to merge them with symmetry?" that is?

Yes I think I'll try with the circular repetition if not. I haven't tested it yet.

Part1.SLDPRT

Good evening

Is that what you wanted to do?

If so, the part to be balanced is not merged with the rest of the room. It's a body.

It is therefore necessary to make a symmetry of bodies.

Part1.SLDPRT
1 Like

Hello

Same solution as Yves.T.

Have a nice day.

piece1_v2.sldprt
1 Like

Your part that you want to symmetrical cannot be fused  in the current state, because the surfaces are not in contact enough, they brush against each other. It would be necessary to avoid splitting the surfaces (dividing lines). You can possibly try to thicken this part by a few microns (interference between surfaces) to try to fuse it afterwards if possible.

Beautiful room...

Hello everyone, nice piece indeed, but think a little about people like me who work with "antiques". Each of the 3 rooms I open I have a single function in the tree which is "from a future version"... :)

Have you tried to activate the geometry repetition??? sorry I say it without having been able to try before making this proposal... :)

Have a nice day

G.

Hello

Yes Yves, that's what I wanted to do, thank you very much! And how do you achieve body symmetry? I may search in my office, but I have not found it

1 Like

Ok, as much for me I hadn't seen the third possibility in the symmetry function which is "body to be symmetrical".

Great thank you very much!

2 Likes