How do I manage indices with smartproperty in solidworks?

Hello

Could you give more precision to your question.

How do you want to manage your indices?

On what type of document part and asm?

How do you want to manage the impacts?

@+

1 Like

Hello

We'll need to give us some more details:

• What clues are you talking about? Revision index?
  • In what form do you want it to appear in your cartouche?
  • Are you already using Smart Properties?

Thank you in advance.

It is a question of making index changes at the level of the revision table in the 2D plans via the smart property with the name of the person who made the modification and the name of the verifier.

the date, the clue coming automatically.

Thank you in advance

When the revision table exists or is inserted, you have to right-click on it and add a revision (well it depends if you have a PDM, because in this case the latter manages it!).

Then, depending on the parameters of the revision table, it will inquire according to the smartproperties.

To see which properties are in the revision table, right-click on the basemap outside of a view > edit the basemap. When you hover the mouse over the different fields of the revision table, there will be a tooltip that indicates which property of the 3D (added by smartproperties) it is linked to (like $PROPRIETE@cartoonist for the cartoonist property if it exists).

Normally, the date and the initials of the designer fill in themselves (to be seen according to the settings).

Then the revisions follow an alphabetical increment.

http://help.solidworks.com/2012/French/SolidWorks/sldworks/Revision_Tables.htm

If you want more details, please detail what your problem is.

A forum that talks about it:

http://www.forum-cao-3d.fr/solidworks-mise-en-plan/table-de-revision-comment-faire-t1583.html

3 Likes

Hello

Nice detailed answer from Lucas.

If you are using SmartProperties, you can download the user manual here.

Coedialement

2 Likes

Attached is an example of how to configure the Smartproperties.

PS: all the information (properties) are in the room.

Here is the phylosophy:

DATE: this is the date of creation

DRAW: this is the creator of the room and it is managed by a list of draftsmen

after MODIFICATION_B, DATE_B, DESSINE_B match the information in change B, and so on.....

revision_smart_properties.jpg
1 Like

Thank you Lucas for your answer.

Indeed I can see the properties in the basemap for the title block in revenge the revision table is no longer active, so no longer visible. Ok for the clues.

I want to create a custom revision table based on the standard template.

Thank you for your answer.

Hello

Thanks for this post, it helps me a lot with setting up properties in 3d models. 

I've already done this same work under ptc tools. But I don't master the configuration as well under SW.

I have a specific question:

@flegendre: Like you, I create a property by evolution index. How do you write the conditional property "INDEX" to define the last valid index. (it starts with IFF=($INDICE_B...) see attachment

Thanks in advance

indice_conditionnel.jpg