How do I make the kind of spikes that there are on the 2nd image from the 1st?

Hello, I would like to know how I do to make the kinds of spikes that there are on the 2nd image from the 1st? It's for a homework assignment and on the statement it is written "Hollow out the middle of the piece to allow it to be placed in position on the ministepper" but I never manage to get the right result.

Can someone help me find how to do it?

Thank you in advance.

stepper.docx

Hello

You have to make a sketch on the top of the piece, then make the two arcs of a circle and the small pieces of the right that connect the two arcs of a circle using the "Convert entities" function (close the sketch by adding the two small pieces of the right). Then remove the material to the desired depth.

Kind regards

3 Likes

Hello @Shoto1014,

The expression "Hollow out the middle of the room" suggests that the shape is obtained by removing material.

Step 1
: Select the plane of the top face of the part and create a sketch that is simply a rectangle.
Use dimensioning or geometric relationships (collinear, coinciding, etc.) to constrain the geometry.

Step 2 : Use the "Extruded material removal" function, specifying the height of the removal.

Step 3 : The final result.

Another solution - more complex - was possible by adding material, with an extruded boss, then symmetry with respect to the vertical median plane.

Have a good weekend...

4 Likes