How do I update the mass material property?

2019-12-06_10_05_35-document_properties_-_material_properties.png

Hello

5 Likes

Hello

1 Like

Hello!

4 Likes

Ditto hello

3 Likes

Well ditto, Hello everyone...

Short question = short answer ==> it is possible by macro, the parameters to be modified are these: HERE.

Kind regards

4 Likes

Does anyone have an idea?

Ok thank you. Is there a configurable tool?

Hello!

Since you have the MyCad  tools at your service, you can do it with Integration:

https://help.visiativ.com/mycadtools/2019/fr/Integration.html

3 Likes

I looked for how to do it with integration but I haven't found how to update the type of hatching, the scale, the density...

It happens in the properties of the material, in SW you edit your material and you go to the Hatching tab.

2 Likes

Hello

Goodbye

See you soon

5 Likes

Hello

You cannot change the SOLIDWORKS material base. You have to duplicate the base, or certain materials, in order to be able to change the parameters (density, hatching, scale, etc...). Once your database is created, go to "System Options", "File Locations", "Material Databases".

Kind regards

2 Likes

I am not sure that my request is well understood.

I don't want to create a new material base.

I want to update, in bulk, the properties (indicated in the attachment) of parts files. 

I think your request is well understood but that the answer is: If the material chosen in your part belongs to the Solidworks material base then it is not possible to change these values. Now we can see on your screenshot that a priori there is no material selected for your part ("material not specified") so either you create a material base and you fill in the values in the material (that you apply to your part) or you change these values in the properties of the document as you want to do but there I think that the We come back to : it's possible by macro.

The best thing to do is of course to create your material base, set it up and apply the desired material to each part (which is what you can do with MyCadTools tools).

Kind regards

1 Like

Hello

Indeed, you probably want to change the default display properties of hatching in your drawings in case you haven't specified a material to your 3D model.

So if you want to change this setting on several drawings, you can actually use a macro or use myCADtools such as Integration or CopyOptions. CopyOptions allows you to assign options from a reference document to x documents.

The best thing to do is to apply the materials to the 3D components.

Kind regards

3 Likes

Thank you all for your help. I'll see what I can do with all of this.

Good afternoon.